I'm Malou and I'm from Greenland and I recently came back from a Rotary Youth Exchange Program. I've been in Australia for a year in the state Victoria, an hour from the capital Melbourne in the suburb Berwick and the area around it.
I had another blog about it, which is www.malouiaustralien.blogspot.com :)
I've made this so people from my other country can read what I'm up to and I can keep my English writing, so I don't forget it. Hahahahaha :D
Well I went away travelled back to my home country Greenland the 8th of July and stayed two days before that in Denmark as I'd arrived there from Australia, where I went the 5th. A Friday.
Came home to Greenland and arrived in Nuuk at lunch time ish. Went to my home and it was a bit weird, but I'd been there, knew where stuff was, but then it was a bit different too. Some things were new, some things I didn't know was and although I knew, I didn't know it.
In the afternoon I went out to the town with my mother and we went to Brugseni and in there my very good friend were, and she came to me very surprised as I hadn't told anyone, except one, when I was coming. Haha :) Anyway, she came home with us and ate dinner with us, we ate trout, just letting you know...
The next day in the evening we had some family and ate cheesecake, even though I shouldn't be eating bad stuff as I have taken on weight... Arrrgh! Haha.
I saw some friends and caught a bit up and twice I met up with my other very good friend, who went to Texas for a year with some other exchange program. It was so nice! And as we both recently had come back from an English talking country our Danish was like a bit much mixed up.. Very funny, like we're saying stuff and some words come half English and half Danish and then just mix it all up.
I went to my family's confirmation, which was nice as I wanted to go there. It was in a settlement Napasoq, it's tiny. Anyway on the way it was smooth as the forecast had foreseen bad weather, but it was beautiful. Saw at some point whales in the distance, but only the breathing part as they were a bit far away. We ate some stockfish (dried fish) and cake as it's celebrated with open house in the afternoon and sometimes evening if there isn't a party/ reunion.
I'm now traveling with my parent with a Honda motorbike to parts of Europe and we went here to Denmark the 16th of July.
And my other bike pants arrived as the ones I tried on the way to Greenland were to small around the bum... :( But I'll fit them next year, when I'd lost weight.
Well I probably write some more during my trip and afterward, so I'll just end here for now..
Catch ya later mate! Hahahahahahh :D
On the plane to Greenland.. Inland ice ! W O W
Air Greenland, Airbus, something something..
The lime green suitcase is mine!!! Cool as!
It's summer and there is still leftover snow on the mountains
-.-
Something I made when I came back friend from all over the world. Northern and Southern hemisphere.
Rotary International sign in Nuuk airport.
After Rotary Exchange, you see the sign everywhere, haha! :D
Plane to Denmark, inland ice, looks like cream :)
My beloved cap from the other side of the world, where parts of my heart is.
Left overs from AUS Dollars, which I changed to Danish money, which we also use in GRL.
In front of the motorbike. God my cheeks are pushed together...
Le choppy Malou on parents motorbike!
Wrrrrooooomm!
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar