Meeting:
I had a dance lesson today at the place we dance. Well after that I went to the Rotary Club of Vancouver's Rotary meeting. I had to pay though as I was not an invited guest I just asked if I could come to it, and I could. I introduced myself and told a tiny bit of what I do now. But not much... But I felt the confidence I've actually gained from all the talks I did in Australia and how easy it was for me. So nice! The meeting was different from the one's I was used to. Well at first it's a lunch meeting and it's like in a big city too.
I met their exchange student Gabriel from Sao Paulo, Brazil. It was so easy to talk to him. I don't know if it was because we both are in the same position or if it was because I don't know, it was just easy. I spent the afternoon with him, where he showed me a bit around in Vancouver as he like lives there. I don't know where the places are called where we went, but we went to some park. It was unfortunately raining.
Spending the afternoon with Gabriel also made me so fortunate to live with a bunch of people from everywhere! And that I should talk to them as much as possible to learn things from them. It reopened my eyes of how lucky I am. Yes the school is difficult, but I feel like it is not just the schooling I should care about, but socializing too. Learn how their lives are back home compared to Canada, but mostly from Greenland.
Going to the meeting made me think about the UWC values too, but I think it is also because I'm in a big city at the moment and just came from the the wild nature of where Pearson is.
It made me think about how expensive it is to live a regular life,
how people are wanting more and more,
how much society is consuming and keep making people consume,
even though a lot of people, everywhere in the world are suffering from
homelessness,
drugs,
abusement.
I bought a pair of new shoes (they're gorgeous),
but I already have shoes and to be honest I have quite a lot of shoes back home,
people out there can't afford such thing
and there I am buying shoes,
which I can't use at the moment,
because they're high heels and I live in the forest in the middle of nowhere (but it's nice there),
Society wants people to wear fancy clothes,
clothes can make status,
while people are thinking that,
there are people elsewhere thinking about
food,
surving.
Food is so expensive,
what's happening with the leftover food in restaurants?
Some places throw it out and put rat poison on...
I don't know why I suddenly feel like this,
but life is unfair and that's annoying!
Vores udsigt fra vores udlejet taglejlighed.
Vi er heldige i forhold til nogle andre elever's accommodation i Vancouver!
Waaow!
;)
I love my camera!
Penthouse!
It's like
"How I met your mother"
Døren til taglejligheden!
Sjov dør, der ligner et vindue!
Stairs to the window door!
This is so dangerous!
Good they're safe now.
Udveksling student, Gabriel, fra Sao Paulo,
der er hostet af RC of Vancouver!
Mødte ham, da jeg tog til et Rotary møde (hvor jeg selv betalte meget for maden..), fordi jeg ville prøve det.
Hængte ud med ham efter mødet og han viste mig lidt rundt i Vancouver, men det regnede..
Somewhere in Vancouver!
Some park in Vancouver!
Crows eating a dove!
It was still breathing..wanted to kill it, so it didn't suffer, but couldn't.
Poor dove.
Somewhere in Vancouver!
Somewhere in Vancouver!
Somewhere in Vancouver!
Somewhere in Vancouver
Vancouver City!
Place we walk past every time we walk to the dance studio!
Traffic!
Looks like Melbourne I think!
Kind of near where we're staying!
I know where to go from there :)
Downtown Vancouver?
Near our accommodation!
INUIT STORE!!
Gotta look in it :)
Me and the store behind, but it's blurry..
The thing we use to call the people who're in the apartment!
The door at the front door.








Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar